Thread: Fluxbox questions

Fluxbox questions

0.1.6 is dumping cores, so I'm using 0.1.5, though I was actually using 0.1.4.

Anyways, so there's one little oddity with 0.1.5. It doesn't shade when I double-click the titlebar!

Does anyone if it's just me or is there something I need to do to enable that feature again?

Thanx

Re: Fluxbox questions

Mmmm...fluxbox always used to core dump on me. I remember when I installed it on Debian a month or two back and tried to use a couple of the themes (not the standard blackbox ones); it just crashed me back to the console.

At any rate, I was just wondering if fluxbox will be based on blackbox 0.62.0 now since there has been a new version released (yea, I'm pretty shocked, too ;D).

Mmmm...fluxbox always used to core dump on me. I remember when I installed it on Debian a month or two back and tried to use a couple of the themes (not the standard blackbox ones); it just crashed me back to the console.

At any rate, I was just wondering if fluxbox will be based on blackbox 0.62.0 now since there has been a new version released (yea, I'm pretty shocked, too ;D).
    Isnt Fluxbox a code fork?

Isnt Fluxbox a code fork?
    I thought Fluxbox was just 0.61.0 with a bunch of patches slapped onto it.

I don't see why the Fluxbox team wouldn't be interested in upgrading to 0.62.0...I didn't notice anything particularly innovative that they shouldn't be able to port over to the new bb. I've also heard that the new version is considerably more stable than its' predecessor; this is another good reason to use it over flux, which uses 0.61.0 and is probably even more unstable with those patches.

I've been using fluxbox since v0.1.4 and have used both .tar.gz, .deb and .tgz and fortunately have not had any core dumps....yet!