Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just want to show off GNU/LoveLinux
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just want to show off GNU/LoveLinux

Hybrid View

Just want to show off GNU/LoveLinux

As you might see I'm coding a bit in KDevelop, listening so some tunes in XMMS, floating in cyberspace on my favorite site - and chatting on IRC. Not to mention having kxicq2 and gftp running.

Normally I would have all of these of seperate desktops, but I what would be no fun.

Re: Just want to show off GNU/LoveLinux

I see you're a bit farther along than I am

I'm still wrestling with my printer before I attempt to get sound working and functional, which I'd like to have both done before doing the kde hint. I have a few X apps installed, but I can count them all on one hand... ;D (heck, I don't even have a GUI web browser installed yet...)

I see you're a bit farther along than I am

I'm still wrestling with my printer before I attempt to get sound working and functional, which I'd like to have both done before doing the kde hint. I have a few X apps installed, but I can count them all on one hand... ;D (heck, I don't even have a GUI web browser installed yet...)
    d00d... GNU/LoveLinux looked like this since LFS begining + 24 hours. I struggled a bit with gnomelibs, which I needed for grip, since cddb won't work properly in KIO audiocd for some reason.

Still on the todo list:
    Figure out why GNU/LL takes a beating whenever I play divx movies in mplayer - everything lags like crazy.
    Get KDM installed
    Setup G@H to run on startup
    make simple script for hdparm
    make simple script for nvclock
    install lm_sensors

d00d... GNU/LoveLinux looked like this since LFS begining + 24 hours.
    Then I guess our priorities are different, because I've been focusing on console stuff: installing interpreters, daemons, libs, etc. I haven't done much with X aside from qiv, blackbox, fvwm, and gimp (needed gimp for gimp-print).

Then I guess our priorities are different, because I've been focusing on console stuff: installing interpreters, daemons, libs, etc. I haven't done much with X aside from qiv, blackbox, fvwm, and gimp (needed gimp for gimp-print).
    No I just work faster, mostly because I have no life anymore...

Kind Mastermind

My hat's off to you, Lovechild. I've got a few extra things to play with today, then I will finally start project GNU/Stryder ;D.

It seems that everytime I get ready to start it, something else turns up. Such is life when you have work, family, and other commitments.

My hat's off to you, Lovechild. I've got a few extra things to play with today, then I will finally start project GNU/Stryder ;D.

It seems that everytime I get ready to start it, something else turns up. Such is life when you have work, family, and other commitments.
    ahh, the mixed pleasure of having a vacation and no one to spend it with.

But at least Ihave the most highly optimized OS known to mankind !

Kind Mastermind

ahh, the mixed pleasure of having a vacation and no one to spend it with.

But at least Ihave the most highly optimized OS known to mankind !
    I squandered the time I had alone a few weeks ago. Three weeks of no family ( ) and all I did was goof off. No real progress with my linux box. What a shame!

I should reallly get started on GNU/Maverick Linux. I'd like to start working on it but whenever I seem to find time, something always comes up with my box. I WILL give it a try sometime though.

Kind Mastermind

I should reallly get started on GNU/Maverick Linux. I'd like to start working on it but whenever I seem to find time, something always comes up with my box. I WILL give it a try sometime though.
    Did you get your new motherboard yet?