Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

fluxbox questions

Thread: fluxbox questions

fluxbox questions

hi
    i'm trying out fluxbox and wm/kde dockets for the first time and have a couple of quick questions

-what are the kde and wm docket apps in the above pic? i can't find any of them on the wm dockapp warehouse page? if you can, please post a link for dl locations
    -anyone else having trouble saving ~/.fluxbox/menu configs? mine keep getting overwritten
    -anyone know of any good dark themes for kde?
    thanks
    out

Re: fluxbox questions

don't know about the wm docks but you need to copy your menu file into ~/.fluxbox/ and edit that one. You should actually copy your init, keys and tilebar to that directory also.

don't know about the wm docks but you need to copy your menu file into ~/.fluxbox/ and edit that one. You should actually copy your init, keys and tilebar to that directory also.
    i tried it
    still keeps happening
    i went to the fluxbox forums, they said to hit 'reconfigure' after you make your changes, it doesn't seem to do anything

have you got the correct permissions set on the files in ~/.fluxbox/ ?

This is the way I have it set and it works fine.

Also, what distro are you using as there are specific details of where to move certain files on the fluxbox site. I've used it on Mandrake, Debian and Slack with no problems.

open of ~./fluxbox/init i'm pretty sure theres something in there about the location of your menu file and keys config. Also they have to be full paths not just relative

open of ~./fluxbox/init i'm pretty sure theres something in there about the location of your menu file and keys config. Also they have to be full paths not just relative
    Yup;

session.keyFile:
    session.menuFile:
    session.titlebarFile:

make sure these all point to /home/philosophia/.fluxbox/file

Yup;

session.keyFile:
    session.menuFile:
    session.titlebarFile:

make sure these all point to /home/philosophia/.fluxbox/file
    i've tried this. no big deal, it's not a lot of trouble to edit /usr/local/share/fluxbox/menu and init, i just have to su before open those files up for editing in emacs

have you got the correct permissions set on the files in ~/.fluxbox/ ?

This is the way I have it set and it works fine.

Also, what distro are you using as there are specific details of where to move certain files on the fluxbox site. I've used it on Mandrake, Debian and Slack with no problems.
    yeah i chmod 700'd it
    i'm on rh7.2 - not the best distro for bb/fluxbox, there's also this other issue with not being able to use certain fonts in your themes...

yeah, the artwiz fonts don't work. I had that problem when I used redhat and mandrake. They're the best things about blackbox/fluxbox!