Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Re: Problems with Xterm

Thread: Re: Problems with Xterm

isn't there an option in the xterm startup that will set the term? Usually it's your .bashrc file that specifies the term, so perhaps you have to pass the options to emulate the login, or to parse the .bashrc files and that should set your term correctly.

Usually it's your .bashrc file that specifies the term, so perhaps you have to pass the options to emulate the login
    What options? What do you mean?

or to parse the .bashrc files and that should set your term correctly.
    How do I parse the bashrc? I've been trying to get it to source the file then run mutt, but that won't work. Getting the -e option to run more than one command is impossible.

I had the same trouble (no color) with KDE's Konsole as well.

put the -e option last... eg from my irssi script for aterm:

aterm -tr -ls +sb -sl 800 -fg gray90 -sh 65 -title IRC -e irssi -c opn

so all the options come first, the command to run is last.

Straight from xterm -help:

The -e option, if given, must appear at the end of the command line, otherwise the user's default shell will be started.

Honestly dude, a quick -help would have solved this issue.

or use of E-Term ;D

Honestly dude, a quick -help would have solved this issue.
    Wow, you have absolutely no idea what my problem is.

This command:

xterm -aw -b 0 +dc -rw -sb -rightbar -sl 200 -bg black -fg white -font 6x12

Starts a nice color xterm with my color bash prompt. In this xterm, the command echo $TERM yields "xterm-color".

However, this command:

xterm -aw -b 0 +dc -rw -sb -rightbar -sl 200 -bg black -fg white -font 6x12 -e mutt

Starts a terribly ugly black-and-white-only terminal running mutt that absolutely couldn't display color if it's life depended on it. Using mutt to execute a shell command, echo $TERM yields "xterm".

I already know that my xterms won't be in color unless TERM is set to "xterm-color". I'm also pretty sure that the reason mutt is in black and white is because TERM is set to 'xterm' and not 'xterm-color'. What I'm asking is, how do I make xterm display colors properly when the -e option is used? Is this so hard to understand?

Anyway, I looked through the freaking man page for the third time and finally found the -tn option, which does exactly what I'm looking for. Nevermind.

imagine that.....

put the -e option last...
    You're so perceptive, KP.

Besides, doesn't that command look like I'd already read through the manual at least once?? Gah!

talk about adding /mnt/tension to fstab

You're right.

Boy, it sure is a good thing that removing the topic-starter takes the whole thread with it...