Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Spellcheck in Mozilla?!

Thread: Spellcheck in Mozilla?!

Spellcheck in Mozilla?!

Mom's on the phone, she's giving Mozilla an honest try... but it doesn't have spellcheck and she claims that's a must-have. 'course, I compiled my mozilla without mail and news, so I don't have a clue if it does have spellcheck.

Anybody know if it does have spell check, and where to turn it on? I walked her through checking for it in the usual places, but couldn't find it over the phone.

Re: Spellcheck in Mozilla?!

Give her a dictionnary. What's with people these days? They don't want to learn anything? Not even how to write properly?

Unless things have changed, there is no spell check in Mozilla mail because of some licensing issues.

Maybe Netscape 6.2 would be a better choice.

Give her a dictionnary. What's with people these days? They don't want to learn anything? Not even how to write properly?
    That's what I'd love to tell her (I'd also love to tell her some other things), though that's not the correct answer. If Mozilla doesn't have a spell check, then Outlook Express is obviously superior because it does have one (her train of thought). See where I'm going with this?

For Windows, my favorite mail client was always Pegasus Mail. It really is very good, and it is free.

That's what I'd love to tell her (I'd also love to tell her some other things), though that's not the correct answer. If Mozilla doesn't have a spell check, then Outlook Express is obviously superior because it does have one (her train of thought). See where I'm going with this?

Let here use Outlook Express, let here have a virus, let her cry and explain to her that you can't always have everything in life: virus+spell check or no virus and no spell check. Most of the time, it works pretty nicely

Have her write her message in word, spell check it there, then cut/paste it into moz for sending........

She's already had a virus. At least, that's what she tells me. I haven't actually been able to find any traces of it. I think she just forgot how something was supposed to work, got surprised by how it was working, then called it a virus.

Anyway, I think i've given up on my mom. Life's too short to try and make people use better software against their will. I think I'll just pingflood her a few times a day to make windows slow and crashy (moreso than it usually is)... That'd be fun, hope my ISP doesn't mind.

hello,
    supposdly there is a way to make ne6.2 spell check work with mozilla, i have tried it a few times and come up short. if you figure out a way it would make a great PET.