Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

FvwmButtons question

Thread: FvwmButtons question

FvwmButtons question

I want to have a button in a FvwmButton bar that displays a state dependent pixmap. For instance I often change my keyboard layout or switch my ISDN b-channel on and off. So I want buttons that indicate the different stated by displaying distinct pixmaps.

The only thing I can think of is to write a tcl/tk script and have FvwmButtons swollow that app.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this without coding? I've been digging through the manpage but didn't come up with anything useful.

Thanks.

Re: FvwmButtons question

oh great! the only other fvwm user here who knows more than me is asking a question... ;D

the way i can think of is to do exactly what you are taling about, i.e. write a tcl program and pop it in your fvwmbutton section. I guess you could try poosting to the fvwm mailing list.

Hmm, I thought so...

Oh well, coding that shouldn't be too difficult and a good exercise anyway. FYI I'm just designing a whole new .fvwm2rc which shall be a super-deluxe-double-supreme version inspired from some neat little tricks I saw in one or another default theme. I'll post a shoot when it's done together with the config file. However, I just got started so it'll take a couple of days...

whoo hoo!! I can once againtake advantage of you GPLing your ~.fvwm stuff