Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Low Fat WM - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Fat WM

Re: Low Fat WM

If you want lightweight nothing beats twm in the footprint race. Fluxbox is the best pretty wm. Twm is fine, but ugly as hell. Forced to use it for a year at school.
    I disagree. I think that E is the prettiest wm (though it needs more resources than flux/bb).

Do you flux ??
    As any electrical engineer will tell you, flux sucks

blackbox rules...flux sucks...E is pretty

blackbox rules...flux sucks...E is pretty
    Please, if you like blackbox, what sux about flux?

Thats a good question! IMHO I didn't notice much diffrence between BB and flux besides a few new things in flux.

flux is etremly nice and lightweight, the tab feature is what makes flux better then black

bb all the way baby...I'm just screwing around. i don't have a need for tabs and i like the original bb code base...I think fluxbox should just be an optional blackbox patch. I don't think it's cool to make a few changes to someone's code and then change the entire program name. Maybe I'll change a few lines of apache and call it the cubenchee web server...new!! and with tabs!! I think Bradley T. Hughes is a demi-god.

bb all the way baby...I'm just screwing around. i don't have a need for tabs and i like the original bb code base...I think fluxbox should just be an optional blackbox patch. I don't think it's cool to make a few changes to someone's code and then change the entire program name. Maybe I'll change a few lines of apache and call it the cubenchee web server...new!! and with tabs!! I think Bradley T. Hughes is a demi-god.
    You mean you don't like the way that opensource works....?

and it's more than just tabs that is different, but oh well.

I love the open source initiative. I think you are missing the point entirely. However, you are a moderator so I will agree with you...oh yes, fluxbox code is really very different from the orginal blackbox code...

I love the open source initiative. I think you are missing the point entirely. However, you are a moderator so I will agree with you...oh yes, fluxbox code is really very different from the orginal blackbox code...
    Heh, no point in kissing ass... (;

I'm totally open for disagreement, tis what makes the world go round!!!

Yes, the codebase is the same, yes it's *similar*, and yes, I've heard all the FUD about fluxbox stealing the code or whatnot, but honeslty, it's not true. There are many advancements upon the code in flux, quite a few of them aren't 'visible' to the end user, but rather in the way the code works and whatnot.

Anywho, that's neither here nor there....