Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Low Fat WM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Fat WM

Low Fat WM

What Window Manager do you guys think is the lowest resource hog/trimmest?

Re: Low Fat WM

I'd be willing to bet that twm is the smallest and most useless window manager in existance. http://www.xwinman.org/vtwm.html

If you want something actually useable, go with blackbox.

Fvwm is also pretty fast, but it's a bitch to theme for (I'm still working on mine and I just barely got it into a useable state).

I like Fluxbox. It's as light as blackbox, but with a few more options, and more support.

http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net

I'd have to agree with black/fluxbox. Great great wm, and tiny to boot. My personal fav

just checked out some screenshots from the sourceforge site...Im dnloading this when I get home!!!

Actually, Im downloading this right now for my Linux box at work!!

twm .. very lightweight

8) F l u x b o x 8)

It takes a bit of gettuing used to, especially if you're used to the Windows (ugh!) GUI. But, Blackbox/Fluxbox rocks. 8) ;D

Do you flux ??

Good Guru

If you want lightweight nothing beats twm in the footprint race. Fluxbox is the best pretty wm. Twm is fine, but ugly as hell. Forced to use it for a year at school.