Thread: Icons in fluxbox

Icons in fluxbox

I changed from blackbox to fluxbox because I saw some cool screenshots, where ppl. would have a little "task bar" with icons of various programs (If you are a fluxbox user, you'll (hopefully) know what I mean). *But apparently that task bar isn't part of the default install. *Any idea how I can enable it? *I've got a slight feeling that it's got something to do with KDE compatibility... *but I don't feel like installing KDE just to try that out *

Re: Icons in fluxbox

I changed from blackbox to fluxbox because I saw some cool screenshots, where ppl. would have a little "task bar" with icons of various programs (If you are a fluxbox user, you'll (hopefully) know what I mean). But apparently that task bar isn't part of the default install. Any idea how I can enable it? I've got a slight feeling that it's got something to do with KDE compatibility... but I don't feel like installing KDE just to try that out
    It's called the 'slit'. WindowMaker dockapps go into it, just start the dockapp from the command line, and it will show up in the slit, and you can select to have it stay there when you restart flux.

Should all be covered in the documentation.