Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

YACGACHWMP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YACGACHWMP

Re: YACGACHWMP

i'm using ice now too!!!

can you put icons on the desktop? only if i use gnome or kde right?
    DFM lets you also. It is suppose to be quite good too, but i've not used it.

Mentor

DFM lets you also. *It is suppose to be quite good too, but i've not used it.
    yea, i saw DFM but for some reason that i dont remember right now i didnt use it!

i'll check out tkdesk, thanks teashadow

I'm not a fan of tkdesk. I used to do the GMC thing all the time with Ice and BB. If nautilus didn't try to take over your environment and basically become its own DE, I'd use that for icons cause it looks slick.
    Ice is solid for sure, but there's something about blackbox (and more lately, blackbox jr. (fluxbox)) that keeps me coming back to them. Right now I'm playing with KDE, but I know that given a month or so I'll be right back to flux.

I'm not a fan of tkdesk. I used to do the GMC thing all the time with Ice and BB. If nautilus didn't try to take over your environment and basically become its own DE, I'd use that for icons cause it looks slick.
    Ice is solid for sure, but there's something about blackbox (and more lately, blackbox jr. (fluxbox)) that keeps me coming back to them. Right now I'm playing with KDE, but I know that given a month or so I'll be right back to flux.
    I have a huge amount of respect for Blackbox. It's just that I really like the taskbar motif.

KDE is very seductive, but if you're like me, you'll grow to miss the simplicity of Ice or BB.

Mentor

I tried DFM. I dont really like it. The icons look old , like in the early days of GUI, it just looks like an old mac.

hopefully i can tweek it a little to make it easier on the eyes.

Have you tried Fvwm at all? It can look like Win95 too, or it can look like any damn thing you want it to look like
    and its fast! I have tried every wm i can think of and always come back to fvwm.

I tried DFM. I dont really like it. The icons look old , like in the early days of GUI, it just looks like an old mac.

hopefully i can tweek it a little to make it easier on the eyes.
    The default look is bad, but I have seen screenshots of DFM with much nicer icons and it look very good. I have no idea how much work is involved in doing so.

and its fast! *I have tried every wm i can think of and always come back to fvwm.
    Yeah, that's good too

I like it's endless customizeability. I can make it look like pretty much any OS available today, and it's faster on my (dilapidated) hardware than those OS's are on better hardware

Not to mention the endless customizeability and tweakability that let me have it exactly the way I want it, too.

Yeah, that's good too

I like it's endless customizeability. I can make it look like pretty much any OS available today, and it's faster on my (dilapidated) hardware than those OS's are on better hardware

Not to mention the endless customizeability and tweakability that let me have it exactly the way I want it, too.
    Hey, shoooo! *This is a thread about IceWM, not FVWM. *Go start your own thread! * :P

;D