Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Killer screenshot! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Killer screenshot!

Re: Killer screenshot!

I can't get over this shot...the future of the Linux gui. I went to their website, and it looks like my vid card isn't supported either. However, even if it was I'm not sure I could configure this directFB thing anyway...at least not without putting some serious time into it. My hat's off to you GnuVince. If this is what your desktop looks like then I'm green with envy.

Where are you guys seeing the vid card support on that website?

I can't get over this shot...the future of the Linux gui. I went to their website, and it looks like my vid card isn't supported either. However, even if it was I'm not sure I could configure this directFB thing anyway...at least not without putting some serious time into it. My hat's off to you GnuVince. If this is what your desktop looks like then I'm green with envy.
    He hijacked this screenie from thier site, look under screenshots, you will see it there... (;

Ok, I see it now.

Where are you guys seeing the vid card support on that website?
    Click the modules link.

I'm don't see what all the fuss about the alphablending is... I would get tired of looking at it after a while, but it's the freedom of choice.
    I can however see the benifits of their design ideas, this could become a serious contender to X' monopoly if they got backing.

I'm don't see what all the fuss about the alphablending is... I would get tired of looking at it after a while, but it's the freedom of choice.
    I can however see the benifits of their design ideas, this could become a serious contender to X' monopoly if they got backing.
    The alphablending is optional, as far as I know. The point is that you can do all these cool funky special effects with your WM that are usually reserved for 3d video games! Isn't that awesome?

Any luck, KP?

No luck, but I didn't try. The video card I currently have is supported, but I'm replacing it next week, so I'm not going to bother.

Ah. Well it said it has software fallbacks for all it's features, so wouldn't you be able to do it now, then change the card later without problems? Worst case scenario is a recompile.

The alphablending is optional, as far as I know. The point is that you can do all these cool funky special effects with your WM that are usually reserved for 3d video games! Isn't that awesome?
    Well I can only see the benifit for the end user (regular joe) in terms of removing the client server structure that is X, and building the system more modular.
    This will help lower latency in the system, giving a better overall feel of the desktop.
    I especially like the idea of building everything on a supporting framebuffer, which uses software emulation to support all the neat stuff for cards that don't support it.
    This will make supporting new videocards easier, as we can replace the parts as they get done - instead of having cards that simply won't work under Linux. Plus it gives us a framework for developers of these new cards to aim after... instead of X, which I gather from the mailing lists, is a very messy standard to fit your production into... DRI might help this in the future..

Face it guys, X is probably holding us back....