Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Python Tutorials

Thread: Python Tutorials

Associate

Python Tutorials

I know nothing about Python but stumbled upon these tutorials. The first is for those with no programming experinece, the second is for experinced programers.

http://honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
    http://diveintopython.org/

Sweet - Here's another

A Byte of Python

This one is also less advanced than Dive Into Python

More

How to Think Like a Computer Scientist Learning With Python

Linux Journal Article
    Last edited by Outlaw; 03-03-2006 at 04:36 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To learn your first language I recommend books. Even for not-first programming languages I do. Usually books have cool challenges exercises and lots of source code, links etc.

For newbies I recommend Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner
    Eat your l33t skillz!
    My home page: http://www.inter.nl.net/users/alexeif/

Matt Pilgrim's book is great. Of course, reading Guido's Tutorial first, makes it all click much easier.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

If you know another object oriented language (like Java or C++) Python should be pretty easy to pick up. I love python and write a lot of code in it on a daily basis (cross platform GUI, command line and RWAD Web Apps).
    "In the heat of conversation I may have said certain things I believe to be untrue. The alleged lie that you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago ... thats a parasite that lives in my neck." -- Tad Ghostal