Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

KDE3 rocks - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE3 rocks

Re: KDE3 rocks

KDE 3.0RC3 Released ...
    And I heard it's exellent, and that is compiles without hacking it, unlike RC1 and RC2 which only compiled with HEAVY modding, well I saw one fix for kdemultimedia-rc2 which required a rather daring CVS based fix...

But I can't download and compile it right now, and I'm switching to FreeBSD in a few days, so I won't have time to do so... plus I hope it will be in current ports on the day of the release announcement.

now all i have to do is wait on SuSe 8.0 to come in

...anything worthy of a screenshot ?

...anything worthy of a screenshot ?
    Yup... I'll send one your way... not my desktop though, I'm redoing LFS

http://www.kde-look.org/content/prev...ile=1172-1.png

That is one pretty desktop. I wish they would get the "Mac style menu bar" on the top of the screen to really act like a mac style menu bar (so the application menus dock there). It is a much more efficient design than the windows style menu bars.

The new Red Hat beta, 'SkipJack', includes KDE3 RC3... I'll have to do some mucking around with it, and see if it can replace Fluxbox for me....

The new Red Hat beta, 'SkipJack', includes KDE3 RC3... I'll have to do some mucking around with it, and see if it can replace Fluxbox for me....
    Will SkipJack include the final kde 3? Also what the hell kind of name is SkipJack?

Will SkipJack include the final kde 3? Also what the hell kind of name is SkipJack?
    Yes, skip does include kde3 rc3. I'm using it right now.. .well, fluxbox, but some kde apps.

dunno about the name, take it up with Red Hat....

Yes, skip does include kde3 rc3. I'm using it right now.. .well, fluxbox, but some kde apps.

dunno about the name, take it up with Red Hat....
    Skipjack is a fish. A very sleek, fast fish with sharp, pointy teeth. It was also the name of a US nuclear sub.

I must say, I just compiled KDE3 RC3 and the only thing I have to say is WOW !