Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

KDE3 rocks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE3 rocks

KDE3 rocks

With the GeForce gone from my system KDE3 Beta 2 is ROCK stable and I must say that I'm impressed...

Lots of little improvements in everyday use... Mickey likes it !

Kind Mastermind

Re: KDE3 rocks

With the GeForce gone from my system KDE3 Beta 2 is ROCK stable and I must say that I'm impressed...

Lots of little improvements in everyday use... Mickey likes it !
    Glad to here it. So, would you recommend it to people, or would you recommend waiting until the final 3.0 comes out? I am just curious.

I would wait a few days for the reactions from people on the newly released RC2 and then get decide... if you have to compile... for binaries, I would wait. No need to mess woth binaries with debug flags set..

I love beta2 it's 2.2.2 stable for me, with a few out standing bugs in general use... but I miss KOffice, which you will have to build from CVS to get QT3 support..

In short.. If you have programs that you really need which rely on QT2, then wait untill they are ported..

Kind Mastermind

I would wait a few days for the reactions from people on the newly released RC2 and then get decide... if you have to compile... for binaries, I would wait. *No need to mess woth binaries with debug flags set..

I love beta2 it's 2.2.2 stable for me, with a few out standing bugs in general use... but I miss KOffice, which you will have to build from CVS to get QT3 support..

In short.. If you have programs that you really need which rely on QT2, then wait untill they are ported..
    Makes sense, thanks.

I just tried compiling KDE3 RC2, and it doesn't compile.... So I would compile KDE3 Beta2 now, and wait for the final release - which should be out sometime around 24th - 30th.

Plus if you keep your QT2 libs, you can use your old QT2 apps in KDE3 - that way I run kxicq2.

Kind Mastermind

I just tried compiling KDE3 RC2, and it doesn't compile.... *So I would compile KDE3 Beta2 now, and wait for the final release - which should be out sometime around 24th - 30th.

Plus if you keep your QT2 libs, you can use your old QT2 apps in KDE3 - that way I run kxicq2.
    That makes sense to me, keeping a little backward compatibility there. Have you figured out why you can't compile KDE3 Beta 2?

That makes sense to me, keeping a little backward compatibility there. Have you figured out why you can't compile KDE3 Beta 2?
    I can compile beta 2, but non of the Release Candidate can compile, since they are snapshots from CVS, which has been unstable lately, due to a massive surge of convention inspired hacking - lots of cool stuff in there now.

Kind Mastermind

I can compile beta 2, but non of the Release Candidate can compile, since they are snapshots from CVS, which has been unstable lately, due to a massive surge of convention inspired hacking - lots of cool stuff in there now.
    I remember reading something about that from one of the developers. He wasn't too impressed with all of the "unnecessary" changes that were made.

So, Lovechild, do you get the feeling that no one else is going to post on this thread?

Associate

So, Lovechild, do you get the feeling that no one else is going to post on this thread?
    allright
    here's my view of things:
    KDE3 is excellent
    it's even better than KDE2 without losing anything performance-wise. On the whole i'd say the speed of kde3beta2 is about the same as kde 2.2.2
    The integration has improved even more, the apps itself have improved as well (konqueror has gotten a lot better for daily browsing)... basically, KD3 is an update you do not want to miss when it reaches the final stage.

Mentor

KDE 3.0RC3 Released ...