Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

gkrellm and fluxbox

Thread: gkrellm and fluxbox

gkrellm and fluxbox

I'm running kde3 and fluxbox. I have kdm start at bootup for login. I would like gkrellm to start automatically in fluxbox and hopefully be shown in all four workspaces. I've been looking around and haven't found away to do this.

Re: gkrellm and fluxbox

Well, since you don't have a ".Xclients-default" file in your user directory, try adding "kgremlin &" before the 'exec fluxbox' in your ".xinitrc" file in the root directory.

ya I've tried that and it did nothing

IIRC (I've done this before and had it work) you need to edit that xsession...or was it xinitrc file put in:

Code:
    exec /the/dir/of/gkrellm

exec /the/dir/of/fluxbox
    You *need* the space between the lines. I'm not sure if it'll activate for all four workspaces though.

Agar what distro you running because I got the same prob but with blackbox. *I have .xinitric that looks like this:
    Code:
    exec blackbox
    exec gkrellm
    and gkrellm dosent load. *I had the same setup in Slack and it work but now in debian this .xinitrc dosent work right.

This is redhat skipjack.

Gkrellm has to come FIRST. Always first and go with the dir if you have it. You also need a space between them.

Code:
    exec gkrellm 

exec blackbox
    This should work.

That did it...