Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

simple WindowMaker question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: simple WindowMaker question

Re: simple WindowMaker question

The reason I like the taskbar is that I just have to look at the bottom of the screen if I want to know exactly what I'm running. No need to open up a menu or anything, just a quick look.
    Yup. My thoughts exactly. Very easy to switch apps too. And a small taskbar takes up very little space and can look nice.

Ive tried almost every other WM/DE and I always end up back with WindowMaker. It fits me good.

Ive tried almost every other WM/DE and I always end up back with WindowMaker. It fits me good.
    That's great. I've tried 'em all too, and I end up back with IceWM because it suits me so well.

Choice is great!

That makes two of us!

8) Window Maker 8)

I agree with you - I was using XFCE and now use WM. Love the look and feel of it. Like working with the clip and four different desktops. Have each one configured for a different subject i.e., internet, games, office, utilities. Do have one question though: I downloaded and installed the sound module (including the prefs) but cannot figure out how to get to running.
    Bah, I have no need for a task bar... my icon wall shows me all that I need to know... I just Love wmaker.. I'm so hooked....

I agree with you - have tried them all - thought I was going to stick with XFCE but I like the look and feel of WindowMaker. I do admit it takes some getting used to. Still trying to learn certain things though: like after installing the sound downloads how to get them working, how to make apps stick.