Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: simple WindowMaker question

Re: simple WindowMaker question

I like to use two virtual desktops, one for Konsole and such and one for running apps. The taskbar lets me switch around between running apps with ease, as I like to run stuff maximized.
    i do it the exact same way

Bah, the middle button on windowmaker (and kde I think) is a app pager. Click the middle button, you see your list of apps, select the one you want to go to, and whammo! no matter which desktop, you get brought straight to that app, and it becomes raised... you just can't beat that!

link=board=xwindows&num=1009973967&start=0 #11 date=01/06/02 at 14:05:56]
    Bah, the middle button on windowmaker (and kde I think) is a app pager. Click the middle button, you see your list of apps, select the one you want to go to, and whammo! no matter which desktop, you get brought straight to that app, and it becomes raised... you just can't beat that!
    if we don't wanna use it, we won't use it... it's as simple as that

Of course... I was just pointing out that the only reasons you listed arnt' really valid IMHO... but that's just MHO, take it or leave it (;

Everybody should know that I'm all about use what you like....

those aren't the only reasons
    i used to use windowmaker for about 5 months straight and i loved it but then i got tired of it

now i like KDE a lot more, and since it runs as fast as windowmaker (or any other windowmanager for that matter, except for the startup time) on my box i can't find a reason not to use KDE other than getting tired of it. and i got tired of it last week so i tried WindowMaker again, but after 3 days i got tired of it and just went back to KDE cuz overall it's just better imho

hmm .. the real nice thing in wmaker is that you can switch the desktop with the mouse wheel .. if that would be implemented in kde or another wm ill try it but for now wmaker is still the best ..

Ive been a WindowMaker baby since I started using Linux almost 2 years ago, but Im so impressed with the "NEW" KDE, that I havent configured windowmaker yet........and that was since this past summer

hmm i never got into kde, for some strange reason ( maybe a bad spirit ;D) ) .. i used gnome before but then i found wmaker and i think its better than gnome and Afterstep which i also like.

Bah, I have no need for a task bar... my icon wall shows me all that I need to know... I just Love wmaker.. I'm so hooked....
    If you are so keen on WM , maybe you can help me , do you know if there is a way to :
    -First : Get some transparence under WM ( more than just the terminal )
    -Second : Autohide the Dock , like the CLip does

Thanks

The reason I like the taskbar is that I just have to look at the bottom of the screen if I want to know exactly what I'm running. No need to open up a menu or anything, just a quick look.