Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Which wm+browser combo

Thread: Which wm+browser combo

Which wm+browser combo

Installed everything Slackware8 CDs had - hav Gnome under one usr and Kde as default for 2nd usr. Currently in gnome sawfish/mozzilla, galeon, netscape, and nautilus thus far i crashed them all. Browsers r so slow - i minimize one and open the next. Tried to download java 2 for galeon for ljr chat - 3hrs later, shut down the browser per instruc, openned it to ljr and it wanted me to download java2 again. No I don't know howto use irc, yet! Yes, i have read most of the post on wm here, so fvwm is a consideration, configuration & functionality r greater concerns for this newbie. Thanks

Re: Which wm+browser combo

My setup is Enlightenment and Galeon, Flux and Galeon, and sometimes WindowMaker and Galeon. Works very fast and hasn't crashed on me before.

Re: Which wm+browser combo

Installed everything Slackware8 CDs had - hav Gnome under one usr and Kde as default for 2nd usr. *Currently in gnome sawfish/mozzilla, galeon, netscape, and nautilus thus far i crashed them all. *Browsers r so slow - i minimize one and open the next. *Tried to download java 2 for galeon for ljr chat - 3hrs later, shut down the browser per instruc, openned it to ljr and it wanted me to download java2 again. *No I don't know howto use irc, yet! *Yes, i have read most of the post on wm here, so fvwm is a consideration, configuration & functionality r greater concerns for this newbie. * Thanks
    IRC is a doddle if you use a graphical client such as XChat. You can get away with only knowing basic commands such as:

/join #channelname

Then all you have to do is start typing a nickname and it will autocomplete bash-style if you press TAB.