Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Setting time in KDE3 (SuSE 8.0)

Thread: Setting time in KDE3 (SuSE 8.0)

Setting time in KDE3 (SuSE 8.0)

Hi all,

I just purchased and installed SuSE 8.0 and cannot get it to save the time in KDE 3. I set the time (with the correct timezone) and when I restart the computer it sets the time back to the default. I checked the BIOS and it's set correctly in there. I'm figuring it might just be a problem with KDE3 and not SuSE?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Setting time in KDE3 (SuSE 8.0)

it's either a Suse problem, or a problem with Suse's KDE. cuz the default KDE3 doesn't have that problem (at least not on my system)

You'll have a dnload a patch for KDE3 to fix that. Unfortunately, the KDE3 thats on SUSE8 is not the FINAL VERSION. It was the last RC.

Not sure who to yell at for one.

Backing up Coltrane and preparing for install tonite.
    I grow tired of looking at an unopened box

I just checked my configuration of KDE and it's 3.0 final.

I used YAST2 and ran the online update. After running the update tool, I'm still having problems with setting the time. This is very frustrating. Is there a patch that I will need to download that is not included in the online update?

Thanks for the help.