Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Desktop-Screenshot thread - Page 87
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687

Thread: Desktop-Screenshot thread

So I finally decided to man up and put Ubuntu's Dapper Beta on my box. Sweet jesus is it ever nice. By now we've had cairo in GTK for a while, and the usual Human engine is starting to see some of the effects. The default theme is quite acceptable (after you change the colour scheme). It's also possible to apt-get install Banshee music player, which is basically Rhythmbox on steroids. Everything Rhythmbox does, but with a nicer gui, DAAP music share support out of the box, tag editing, and cover art display.

But by far the nicest addition is the availability of compiz window manager. I just put it on. It's a bit buggy, but nothing too serious. Finally, linux gets expose support (just hit F12). Plus wobbly windows, and a nice glass effect in the title bar of every window, a la windows vista.

Check it out. http://tyr_7be.tripod.com
    I lost my self-respect at Wes' Rib House

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr_7BE
    ...<snip>

But by far the nicest addition is the availability of compiz window manager. I just put it on. It's a bit buggy, but nothing too serious. Finally, linux gets expose support (just hit F12). Plus wobbly windows, and a nice glass effect in the title bar of every window, a la windows vista.

Check it out. http://tyr_7be.tripod.com
    i think i want some of you music and movies man!! nice setup
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

Good Guru
    Tyr, appears that the wait may be worth it. Seems that some of the features that SuSE rolled out recently are going to be in Ubuntu soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hrm.. Well, this is my current desktop. Using Novell's Latest GNOME Menu, Slab - I /really/ love it. I cannot explain how much I am enjoying this piece of software. Its really cool. Helpful too..

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6...hotslab9wx.png

Using Ubuntu Dapper with a lot of modifications. Got it from src, and edited it to make more ubuntu/gnome friendly rather than SuSE friendly. Its called slab in the current gnome cvs tree.
    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
    --Albert Einstein
    #350566 Registered Slackware Linux User.

That looks gorgeous! I love NLD. I really hope Novell manages to pull it together, as their desktop team's work is unparalelled.

Speaking of interesting UI elements...

http://tyr_7be.tripod.com
    I lost my self-respect at Wes&#039; Rib House

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr_7BE
    That looks gorgeous! I love NLD. I really hope Novell manages to pull it together, as their desktop team's work is unparalelled.

Speaking of interesting UI elements...

http://tyr_7be.tripod.com
    Nice - Yeah, I just tried Gimmie yesterday, took longer than expected to compile though, but yeah - it looks great. Now all they need to do is change those green, pink colors or give an option to change it.. i have to look at the source though..

Anyways, thats an awesome desktop [yours] and yeah SLED10 and NLD10 will be [hopefully] the best desktops yet.. and like you said their work is unparalleled.
    --Albert Einstein

Here's a desktop for this month:-

http://static.flickr.com/80/206037808_bc429fa02d_o.jpg

Banshee CVS is /awesome/.
    --Albert Einstein