Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Accept ports with IPCHAINS

Thread: Accept ports with IPCHAINS

Good Guru

Accept ports with IPCHAINS

What is the command for setting up for accepting ports ( 81 and 82 ) for my webserver with IPCHAINS?? I lost all my notes when I made the house move and I kinda forgot what is the exact command. Since I had to reconfigure my system for a new IP and host name ( for cable modem from DSL ), all my rules sets are not working anymore. Thanks.

Re: Accept ports with IPCHAINS

ipchains -A input -p tcp --dport 81 -j ACCEPT

If you want to do it on the fly, change the -A to -I. And if you want to remove it, change it to -R.

hi compunuts!

nevermind!! kenshi got it

Good Guru

Ah Thanks guys ....

One more question. How do I delete the specific rule set?? Let's say it's the third rule set from the chain?? I made the mistake in setting it up and there is no ACCEPT nor REJECT part showing up. It just say "-". How can I delete that one??
    TIA

it can be done with -D <number> of the rule .. or you can specify the whole rule u made then it gets deleted ..
    iptables -L --line-number gives you the rulenumber.