Thread: Kate

Kate

Anyone using the Kate editor from KDE? I really, really like this editor. It is very easy to use yet very powerful. It works very well for markup (HTML and LaTeX).

Still using vim for config files and stuff, but I think Kate may well become my primary editor for big jobs.

Re: Kate

kate isn't bad, but i can't find a reason to use it instead of Vim

Its basically kwrite with a few extras on it... but yes, it is nice. Now if I could just find a simple editor that handles RTF as well...

Good Guru

kate is great, and for gui purposes I load that normally. But I still find out of havit opening a xterm and typing vim <full-filename>. But it is a great graphical editor nonetheless.

I think it is nice to have both Kate and Vim (and mcedit) available. I tend to use all three, depending on the task at hand.

Nice to have choices, as I often say.

I found something interesting: Kate has highlight support for Ruby, but not for Python

Kind Mastermind

kate is great, and for gui purposes I load that normally. *But I still find out of havit opening a xterm and typing vim <full-filename>. * But it is a great graphical editor nonetheless.
    I'm with you. I find that I fire up vim, gui or cli, doesn't matter. I enjoy it, though I originally had a problem with using cli based stuff (slow witted?). Now, I see just how elegant vim can be. Pretty sweet. I will be firing up kate, just to give it a shot. I'm always open for new experiences.

I found something interesting: Kate has highlight support for Ruby, but not for Python
    Nice! Down with Python!