Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

No sound in Half-Life/CS

Thread: No sound in Half-Life/CS

No sound in Half-Life/CS

I've managed to get HL and CS working in wine. OpenGL is working perfectly and the game is just as smooth as when I had windows. The only problem I have is that I have no game sound. The menus make the normal sounds but when I'm waiting to get into a game it says the sound card is in use by another application even though I have no other soundcard application running. I am running this in fluxbox which has no sound support. Esd is not running. I noticed in the terminal where all the wine messages appear and error similar to 'your soundcard does not support direct sound'. Any ideas if there is any way around this or will I have to buy a new soundcard. Currently I have an onboard sound card that uses the ymfpci module. Sound works for everything else I have ie. mp3's, Tribes2, CD's etc. If followed the how-to on lhl.linuxgames.com to the word, but it doesn't really cover very much to do with sound.

Any ideas?

If you have sound support within HL/CS with wine (not winex), what sound card do you have and what module?

Re: No sound in Half-Life/CS

lhl.linuxgames.com ??

Re: No sound in Half-Life/CS

yeah - that's where I got the how-to