Thread: Opera

Opera

That's a general question, concerning Linux and Windoze.
    I'm retty much sick and tired installing security fixes for damn Internet Explorer...another VB flaw in IE and so on and so on.
    Just installed Opera 6.01 on W2K and Opera on my RH7.2 box.
    How secure I am with Opera, any known security issues/vulnerabilities with Opera on both platforms?

Re: Opera

Opera is pretty well rounded in the security area. It's about as secure as galeon. No known security vulns have been released (at least on BUGTRAQ) for 6.0.

Opera is nice but 6.0TP3 has crashed on me a number of times while I was doing basic things (it'll just exit seemingly at random sometimes; I could be doing my web mail one minute, and then I could do the same exact thing the next day and it'll bomb on me).

I haven't had these problems with Mozilla 0.9.8 though, so I'm sticking with it.

If I were you, I would not run Opera on any systems whose security I truly care about. *As the source code to Opera is not available, you have absolutely no clue what it is doing.

If I were you, I would not run Opera on any systems whose security I truly care about. As the source code to Opera is not available, you have absolutely no clue what it is doing.
    That is a very good point. I should restate what I ment above: It seems about as secure as Galeon ...