Thread: Linux network configuration problem

Linux network configuration problem

I have clients that will be connecting to a server (ServerA) through a switch. ServerA connects to the switch through eth0 and i use another ethernet card - eth1 to connect to the Internet through an ADSL router. The clients can access the internet with no problem, i have set up IP forwarding and IP masquerading on ServerA.
    The problem is that i have another server (ServerB) with an external IP address which is where i want all the traffic from the clients to pass through before going out to the Internet. So i want any clients internet access to go out through the ADSL router into the internet and then through ServerB before going to the actual Internet site. ServerB is where the billing and statistics of the clients will be recorded, so I need to pass the clients requests through ServerB. I cannot modify the ADSL router configuration and I dont want to use VPN. Is there some way to achieve this by modifying ServerA or ServerB?

I am using Linux Red Hat 9 on both servers with Apache version 2 and also running a DHCP server and a DNS server.

Re:

Dear robple11,
    Hello,

Setup Clients Default Gateway to ServerB and when ServerB got Request then Forward it to ServerA

# man iptables

Best Regards.
    Frrkh hmd

Thanks for the reply.

I tried that but it doesnt work. The clients are connected to serverA in a private network so the gateway address on the clients machine is serverA's IP address of eth0. Then serverA connects to the internet through a router connected to its second ethernet card eth1.