Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

website for security scans

Thread: website for security scans

website for security scans

hi -
    i am rather new linux user and was wondering this.
    there is a website that scans users of windows OS for
    open ports and other vulnerabilities.
    is there a website that does this type of service for linux OS?
    i know of the nmap and netstat operations on this OS but would rather have someone with more experience/knowledge to
    scan for weakness.
    also - i am showing through nmap that my X11 is running on
    port 6000 - which seems a rather high port number for something to be running on -
    info will be greatly appreciated.
    -weebrough-

Re: website for security scans

is there a website that does this type of service for linux OS?
    Just use the same windows ones, they work.

i know of the nmap and netstat operations on this OS but would rather have someone with more experience/knowledge to
    scan for weakness.
    Also, the scan is better if it comes from outside your computer and not inside it. I'd be more than happy to nmap you if you like

also - i am showing through nmap that my X11 is running on
    port 6000 - which seems a rather high port number for something to be running on
    Nah, that's just X11's port. Gnutella runs on 6346 :P

You probably ought to disable that, though, unless you want people to connect to your X11 remotely... I forget how atm, though.

Just use the same windows ones, they work.

Also, the scan is better if it comes from outside your computer and not inside it. I'd be more than happy to nmap you if you like

Nah, that's just X11's port. Gnutella runs on 6346 :P

You probably ought to disable that, though, unless you want people to connect to your X11 remotely... I forget how atm, though.
    thanks for the info - i have visited a few other linux sites with forums and have to say that this one seems to be the best provider of timely, accurate & helpful information -
    that's a GOOD thing! ;D

Try grc.com. There's a better site based in Ottawa but I can't remember its name.

Just remembered that the better site is:

http://crypto.yashy.com/