Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone have any luck with KDE3 on Mandrake 8.2?

Thread: Anyone have any luck with KDE3 on Mandrake 8.2?

Anyone have any luck with KDE3 on Mandrake 8.2?

I have tried installing it on 2 boxes and on both the install goes fine (no errors) and I can even run kde3 and it starts up. All looks fine the wizard pops up, etc., but as soon as I hit finish on that, I get a Ksplash segfaulted. Still all looks well until I click on the K and I have no menu, I also have no kde control center. So I pop up a terminal and run kcontrol and I get this:
    Code:
    [tux420@amd750 tux420]$ kcontrol
    kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found ! Defaulting to Configuration/KDE/
    And it has no menus in it and it says KDE 2.2.2 still.....??

I installed via rpm for 8.2, what did I do wrong?

Re: Anyone have any luck with KDE3 on Mandrake 8.2

Did you install KDE 3 over a KDE 2 install? KDE 3's config files are not really compatible with KDE 2's config files. Perhaps there are some KDE 2 libraries still left that need to be upgraded.

Yea I ran rpm -ivh to install, should I have run rpm -Uvh ? Or unistalled KDE2 first? If I just type startx instead of kde3, I can boot into KDE2.2 still with no problems

Well if you figure out how to do it correctly, could you please post a quick guide on how to do it?

Cheers

Well I pretty much got it all working now! After installing the KDE3 packages via rpms for Mandrake 8.2, you will notice that when logging into KDE3 you are greeted with a nice ksplash segfault and no menus in KDE. To fix these problems, I had to rm -rf my .kde and my .kde3 directories and it seems towork now! Check out this though, you might wanna do this instead and have a perfect KDE3 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...de%26start%3D0