Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Defamation

Thread: Defamation

Defamation

There is some defamation info regardign our company posted to alt.religion.scientology group.
    Is there any way to figure out who is responsible for maitaining newsgroup servers for alt.religion.scientology ?
    Any way to find the people who can stop posting of defamation information to this newsgroup?
    thx.

Re: Defamation

Newsgroup servers are hosted in many different places (lots of universities as well as public companies) so it will be difficult, if not impossible, to remove it.

Anyone have a differing opinion?

I know that it is possible to make yahoo stop posting defamation materials, but not sure about alt.religion groups....

Anyone have a differing opinion?
    Nope, I totally agree. Maybe look at the message headers and see if there's some info there. Like "X-Complaints-To: blabla@someplace.net"
    Good luck

Good Guru

Nope, I totally agree.
    And I totally agree to what you totally agreed. Yahoo! is a business entity and they have the power to remove any messages ( but they hardly do unless it's a big law breaking stuff ). Newgroups are different. You need to find out who posted them and on which server actually that message is on. Almost impossible. The only thing you can do is look at who posted it via the NNTP headers ( they are almost the same as SMTP headers ) and complain to the abuse of his/her ISP. Other than that, there is not much chance there.

Not even a company, even some mid-powerful governments can't even stop people from posting craps on the Net.

Thanks Compunuts, we said exactly the same thing. Now quit posting to alt.religion.scientology will ya... ;D ;D

Good Guru

Now quit posting to alt.religion.scientology will ya... ;D ;D
    Now, you want me to reveal that the poster was YOU?? :P

thanks guys

There is some defamation info regardign our company posted to alt.religion.scientology group.
    details man, details!

Good Guru

Scientologists are weird. I dont get their logic. I doubt their (mis)logic will ever spark any intellignece to me. Scientologists IMHO are nothing more than elitist troublemakers.