Thread: Samba election winner

Hybrid View

Samba election winner

I can no longer browse my network and after much digging around I have found that my linux box is now "master browser" for the Domain.
    The UPS on the PDC has been on the fritz lately and when it powered it down the linux box must have won an election.

Can I stop samba from doing this?

Re: Samba election winner

doh!

uncomment: local master = no

:

Set "os level=0"

You will lose every election.

~Guitarlynn

Nice to see Guitarrilyn around these parts. The Samba guru has arrived! ;D

It did it again! after I changed the config file.

Then I realise there's a /etc/smb.conf and /etc/samba/smb.conf and surprise surprise I changed the wrong one :

Some days I think I should go back to being a bike mechanic.......

Guitarlynn, we'd all be up samba creek if it weren't for you (Well I would ;D) Thanx.

n/p

What do you mean your UPS has been on the fritz? What kind is it? I know this isn't the place for advertising but the company that I work for is the world's largest UPS repair center. If you are interested, reply to this message and I can send you some info.

* What do you mean your UPS has been on the fritz? *What kind is it? *I know this isn't the place for advertising but the company that I work for is the world's largest UPS repair center. *If you are interested, reply to this message and I can send you some info.

UPC entry-ish level, can't remember the model off hand.
    It keeps shuting the servers down for no apparent reason. I think I'll be able to sort it out by adjusting the sensitivity, but it's finding the time to do so.

It's currently just hooked into the ring main for the time being.
    I'm not to bothered about it dieing with a powerout, as it usually only gets turned off when it crashes, and I can't soft-powerdown then, and if the power it gets is out so are all the clients, nothing mission critical.

Having said all that I seem to remember it thinking that the battery was discharged (while still pluged to the mains, and other things on the mains were fine) a few times so if you've got any ideas I'm all ears.