Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Port forwarding

Thread: Port forwarding

Good Guru

Port forwarding

I know it is possible under most unixes(if not all), but can I have a certain port get forwarded to another Ip at a specific port in WindowsNT ?

Its for our work email server. I really need to change the setup and put it behind our firewall. Currently the firewall is on the same box.

Re: Port forwarding

Let me see if I can remember this after using FreeBSD for so long. Are you using iptables? If so, try this:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 23 --to-destination 192.168.0.2 -j DNAT

I hope I got that right. I couldn't remember what port mail goes on so you'll definately have to change the 23.

Good Guru

thats not what i meant... i knowhow to do it in linux but need to know how in nt. i am a unix guy, not an mcse (cert in evilness). i cant talk my it manager into a linux solution ... yet. ill break him eventually

anyway in the meantime i need to make the godawful nt servers do the task. i need to make the firewall+proxy+exchange box into 2 boxes (firewall+proxy ; exchange) for security and ease of administration. Since exchange needs to be bound to a specific ip, i need the firewall to forward all smtp packets to that box. linux and unix i know. nt i dont (as well)

I used to know NT but it has partly faded away. I believe it's in services though. Look for something in services in the control panel that would be relevant.

Routing service.

You might need the resouce pack.

Good Guru

okay, ill take a look. i got the resource kit bundle. thanks!!