Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

need help with html

Thread: need help with html

Mentor

need help with html

i have a link to a picture on my web site but when the pic loads it is bigger than the screen.
    I want to resize it so it's smaller than the screen. Can i use the hight= and width= to make the pic smaller?
    When i use a iminging editor it it just cuts the picture it doesnt make the whole thing samller?

I'm new to html ( as you can tell ) so i need some help. I'm using css with the page too if that helps.

Re: need help with html

Can i use the hight= and width= to make the pic smaller?
    Yes, but that's a terrible way to do it. HTML's image resizing capabilities are shitty and the resized pic will be terribly pixelated.

Use a real program to resize it.

When i use a iminging editor it it just cuts the picture it doesnt make the whole thing samller?
    That's just a PEBCAK!

Re: need help with html

use gimp baby! and scale image... that won't 'cut' it off any, but actually resize it.

Using height and width is bad form, as the user will have to download the entire image before it gets resized, and can cause some serious bandwidth issues.