Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Best Book for DNS?

Thread: Best Book for DNS?

Hybrid View

Best Book for DNS?

As I said in my other post I finally have a static IP address. Running RH7.2 with bind ??? I think 8 or 9.

I am looking for the best book (Read newbie) on how to make my domain name match my ip and allow for folks to log in to my webpage.

Thanks
    Rastar

Re: Best Book for DNS?

For one thing, besides running your own dns server, you need a higher level dns server to point your url to your ip address. You would probably need to contact your isp and see if they can add/change thier dns settings to point the url to ip, as well as running one yourself.

For one thing, besides running your own dns server, you need a higher level dns server to point your url to your ip address. *You would probably need to contact your isp and see if they can add/change thier dns settings to point the url to ip, as well as running one yourself.
    If I understand you right, the place that my domain is parked should be the NS1 and NS2 ip's. So when I configure DNS I put their IP's as NS1 and NS2 in RH72. dns configuration. All should work from there?

Sorry for being so dumb but it is new to me.

Thanks
    Ras

If I understand you right, the place that my domain is parked should be the NS1 and NS2 ip's. *So when I configure DNS I put their IP's as NS1 and NS2 in RH72. dns configuration. *All should work from there?

Sorry for being so dumb but it is new to me.

Thanks
    Ras
    That should work as long as they setup a virtual ip or something to that extent matching your url to your ip. Once you get your dns server setup, you could put your isp's ns1 as your primary dns server under your name registration and your ip as the secondary dns. That should get everything working right.

Well, the BEST book for DNS (bind mostly) is O'RILLIE"S or however the hell you spell it.

Personally, I like the how-to at everythingsolaris.org....

http://ultra.litpixel.com:84/articles/dfd/index.html

Also, I've done extensive DNS work, so if you need help....