Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Thats it... I am starting over. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thats it... I am starting over.

Re: Thats it... I am starting over.

OMG pkgtoolsis the best think I have ever used........ I am a slacker for life. I am rebuilding everything slack. I cant stop ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. At some port today I will work on iptables but for now just drik my coffee and ;D

http://www.boingworld.com/workshops/...index.htmlThis looks like a good pace to start for me. I donwn loaded there rc.firewall example and thats what I am going to base mine on. Iptables is damn cool lookin though.

Hhmm, your posting frequency suggests that you want to become a Great Grand PoohBah before I do. Well, we'll just have to see about that...(not)... ;D

LOL no hope for that I am sure. I have been away from this post for a few days. (Other emergencies arose). Anyway I am back here now> I have decied to get bind working before iptables so thats where I stand as of now. I am looking into / for tools to help with Bind configurations. Maybe H2N?? any of you all used that before?
    Later

Yet I was delayed again. However I am workign on DNS today. I just installed perl.tgz so I could run h2n (host to name converter) i just ran it and it looks like its gonna work fine. I need to figure out where my configuration file should go. Anyone let me know what this looks like.
    /etc/named.boot
    /etc/named.conf
    /var/named/db.(FILES)
    Does that make sense to everyone.
    Let hope so .... If not where are you guys storing your files.
    Thanx,
    GZ Ill be back with more today..

I didn't bother to wade through all the posts, sorry if I repeat.

If you get that LI thing again at boot pop in your Linux boot disk (you DID make one right) and /sbin/lilo. I had the same problem when I gave my linux partition 400 megs of space.

Hello UPDATE and QUESTION:
    I found and ran h2n against my hostfile. It seemed to out put thing good enuff to get started.
    The problem is I have 7 domains. So do i need 7 db file and on db.network file.
    I am a little lost here.
    domain1.com
    domain2.com
    domain3.com
    so on and so forth.
    Also what should my named.conf (8)
    look like?
    thanx