Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

CD-R Server
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD-R Server

CD-R Server

Is it possible to have like a CD-R Server... My bro and I have our own computer and we have a little server with samba and cups that allow us to share our mp3s, and our printer... My bro asked me if I could setup like a CD-R server where he can burn from windows(maybe linux) from our Linux server?

Re: CD-R Server

I'm also interested in doing this for quite some time but have never looked into it.

Sounds like a projects guys. I'd like to see how this post develops. Good luck in your searches and I hope you find something that'll help.

couldn't u just install sshd on the box with the cd-r, then ssh into the box and write the files to the cd from ur samba shares?

I could do that my brother will need gui... Or something easy where he could burn a playlist

hmm maybe you need something like webcdwriter :

http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/jhaeger/webCDwriter/

Easy, install Xcdroast on the burner box, then export the display back to what ever box you are on....

export DISPLAY=bodyouareon:0.0

you can also tunnel X through SSh, and there are plenty of X hosts for windows.....

i've made lots of costers from my burner on a p 2 300 with 448 mb ram. I was wondering, would a burner work if I put it on a p 133 48 mb ram with a lite install of linux on it and tried to do this. The computers sole perpose would be to hold the burner. If it would screw up a lot of cds I might as well leave it in the p 2 300 and have to go out of my way to transfer files to my pc and wait 8 minutes for the cd to burn.

All you can do is try (;

you can also tunnel X through SSh, and there are plenty of X hosts for windows.....
    <offtopic> btw, what kind of upstream does that mean for the X host? </offtopic>