Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Printer setup with Samba

Thread: Printer setup with Samba

Printer setup with Samba

I have Samba setup. I can use Linneighborhood to mount a win 98 drive and view it with Nautilious.

I cant mount the HP printer which is connected to the win 98 computer, I tried with the gnome printer configure utilty. I chose a windows printer and put in the ip of the win 98 machine and what I think is the mnt but is not working

How can I fix this

Good Guru

Re: Printer setup with Samba

Did you set up the printer to share on Win98 box?? I don't mean the enabling the print and file sharing on 98 box. I meant the actual set up of printer to be shared??

I don't mean the enabling the print and file sharing on 98 box. I meant the actual set up of printer to be shared??
    Isnt that the same thing

I have enable sharing for the printer. I can print off it from my Win XP computer

Good Guru

Did you use this command from Linux box??

Code:
    /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient '\\copynetnt\printer' -N -I 163.118.7.16 -P *-c "
    put $1"
    <edited> hhmm... I'm not sure this will work. :-/ . I'm not at my client box at this moment so I can't check what tools to use. </edited>