Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mail server - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mail server

Re: mail server

so does email not work in the same way that a webserver works. In that way that you can access it with the ip of the server or the domain name. What I'm asking is with email does it work if you do foo@1.2.3.4? or does it not because of this mx your talking about?
    Mail doesn't work in exactly the same way.

Becuase hundreds of users could exist at fooo.bar there has to be some more information going on.

Associate

Hey all,

I have this:

a static IP,
    a domain registrar where I can create my own MX records (www.stargate.com),
    a machine ready to go,
    RedHat linux 7.2.

Where should I start and what should I do ? (I want webmail if possible =))

Hey all,

I have this:

a static IP,
    a domain registrar where I can create my own MX records (www.stargate.com),
    a machine ready to go,
    RedHat linux 7.2.

Where should I start and what should I do ? (I want webmail if possible =))
    I would get courier-mta from www.courier-mta.org

It's a complete package, MTA, pop/imap servers, webmail server, mail list server, server side sorting, virtual users, mysql/postgresql/flat db file/ PAM/ LDAP auth...

it's a total kick ass mail server suite... and you can build rpm's from the tar.gz file too!

I would get courier-mta from www.courier-mta.org *

It's a complete package, MTA, pop/imap servers, webmail server, mail list server, server side sorting, virtual users, mysql/postgresql/flat db file/ PAM/ LDAP auth...

it's a total kick ass mail server suite... and you can build rpm's from the tar.gz file too!
    Hi KP:

I will soon be doing this as well as soon as I get the domain thing sorted out from my other post

I was wondering if you have RPM's already ready for this program. I really dont have the time to learn all of these new systems and procedures

Do you know how to set up Qmail. I heard it was pretty good

Hi KP:

I will soon be doing this as well as soon as I get the domain thing sorted out from my other post

I was wondering if you have RPM's already ready for this program. I really dont have the time to learn all of these new systems and procedures

Do you know how to set up Qmail. I heard it was pretty good
    The process to create rpms for courier is as simple as rpm -ta courier<version>.tar.gz and it builds your RPM's.

IMHO, Courier is a better package than Qmail. Plus, Qmail is only the MTA part of the puzzle, you would then have to get a POP3 server, and an IMAP server, patch it for security, patch it for mysql support, etc etc etc....