Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IP-less NIC

Thread: IP-less NIC

IP-less NIC

I have 2 NICs on the linux machine (rh7.2) and I have to have the following setup:
    First NIC doesn't have ip at all
    Second NIC has local ip.
    How can I configure first nic without the ip bound?
    thx.

Re: IP-less NIC

I have 2 NICs on the linux machine (rh7.2) and I have to have the following setup:
    First NIC doesn't have ip at all
    Second NIC has local ip.
    How can I configure first nic without the ip bound?
    thx.
    How do you want to 'configure' it? what exactly are you trying to do with it?

It's a snort ids. One nic that doesn't have ip connected to the switch and sniffs packets (switch is configured to mirror traffic to snort port).
    Second nic has ip 10.0 -something and it is used to run apache and Demarc on it. This way I can connect to snort machine remotely over the network and can see IDS stats in browser.
    Question is how to configure system taht way that 1st nic doesn't have ip at all but second does.

Ah, well there is the ifconfig tool, I guess, but I've never really dealt with a NIC without an IP address, or the guise of having an IP address.