Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomcat and JDK

Re: Tomcat and JDK

I don't plan to use embedded apps, I just tested it and I really can't imagine anyone who can possible like it....I don't plan to use it in production.

As to the re-authentication, I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing:
    I provide my credentials on the nfuse web page and then I see the application list with 3 applications. When I open the forst one it comes up with novell login window, I provide my credentials and I'm in. When I open the second app I see again the novell login window, and so happens with the tird....so you say it's not supposed to be happening?

In my case I don't see any consistency here...some apps (like user manager for domains) don't prompt me for password, application manager does prompt me, groupwise client does, application that runs on w2k but has data on novell sevrer prompts me, notepad doesn't prompt....hell of a mess frankly.
    Is the common thread Novell? Try launching anything that requires NT authentication, then try launching anything that requires Novell authentication. I'm not a much of a Novell man, so I don't know much about a Novell/NT enviornment, but my guess would be that it has something to do with Novell. Are you one a AD Doman or a NDS domain? DO you authenticate to a Win2k or NT PDC or to a Novel server? Perhaps the ica passthrough cannot pass log in credentials to a novel server. I'm stumped too, but I do know that Citrix is really NT/Unix app and has little Novell support.

I think this is the case - passthrough cannot pass Novell requests, we have a farm of 5 servers which are load balanced, and my guess would be that I'm not prompted to authenticate providing the app I open is used on the same server, if load balancing thinks that this app must be opened on another server, them boom-passthrough cannot pass novell credentials and asks for password. Just a guess.

I think this is the case - passthrough cannot pass Novell requests, we have a farm of 5 servers which are load balanced, and my guess would be that I'm not prompted to authenticate providing the app I open is used on the same server, if load balancing thinks that this app must be opened on another server, them boom-passthrough cannot pass novell credentials and asks for password. Just a guess.
    Passthrough probably might not know anything about Novel authentication. *I would browse the citrix forum at citrix.com for questions involving Novell.

As for load balancing, I have a 4 server farm and all apps are load balanced and I am never asked to re authenticate if I already have an app open. I have ticketing issues that cause me to somtimes reauthenticate after I close an app and open another. But if apps are already open, I never need to re-type log in credentials.

I would also guess that if you open one app, the next app should come from the same server, though about this I could be dead wrong. You can test this out by opening multiple apps and then looking in Citrix Manager to see which server the sessions are opened on.

You might also want to look at this. I came across it in an attempt to fix out ticketing issue
    http://hqextsrvsft01.citrix.com/cgi-...ase=obj(14540)

I'm not sure it will help with your issue but it is worth a shot.

Also, keep in mind that this is the first release year Metaframe XP, so expect a lot of snags and bugs, as well as changes to occur in future feature releases.

Actually XP version of Citrix are Novell-NDS-aware, but in order to implement this feature you gotta have ZEN works installed (which we do) and dynamic user profiles implemented in novell-nt envoronment (wich we didn't implement).
    So they (Citrix) did some steps towerd the best directory services in the world but it is still not fully implemented in Citrix.

Actually XP version of Citrix are Novell-NDS-aware, but in order to implement this feature you gotta have ZEN works installed (which we do) and dynamic user profiles implemented in novell-nt envoronment (wich we didn't implement).
    So they (Citrix) did some steps towerd the best directory services in the world but it is still not fully implemented in Citrix.
    That's cool. I guess I learn something new everyday.