Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Back to the IDEBUS== Debate

Thread: Back to the IDEBUS== Debate

Back to the IDEBUS== Debate

When I first started toying with Linux (mandrake 7.0) I noticed the IDEBUS== entry on init.

Well here is the updated version

Redhat 7.2
    Kernel 2.4.9-31
    GRUB boot manager installed
    AMD Athalon 900
    356 Megs Ram
    Motherboard (Brand name forgot) that has a 233 FSB
    IBM DTLA 40 Gig ATA 100 5400 RPM HD

Can anyone tell me how to better utilize the BUS and get rid of that error?

Thanks
    Rastar

Re: Back to the IDEBUS== Debate

Where do you think you have to use this? which error were you getting? (sorry if I missed the previous thread)

I don't have to use any such statements, and I don't get those errors, yet I can run my hdd's at their speed, 66/100/etc....

hi Rastar,
    I am really not sure what you mean, if you have an entry for GRUB (or had one for LILO) then odds are you don't need it anymore. here is what i have to get UDMA 66 working, my UDMA 100 controller is faulty...

/sbin/hdparm -c 1 -d 1 -X68 -S 180 /dev/hda

if you have UDMA100 trhen replace the -X68 with a -X69

hi Rastar,
    I am really not sure what you mean, if you have an entry for GRUB (or had one for LILO) then odds are you don't need it anymore. *here is what i have to get UDMA 66 working, my UDMA 100 controller is faulty...

Now does that go in my rc.d/init.d/??? file? so that the system will always use it?

And for all, the error shows up before the individual services load. The system still loads but it is an annoying little error I think I will try to post the error line from dmesg when I get home tonight.

Thanks
    Ras

hi Rastar,
    I am really not sure what you mean, if you have an entry for GRUB (or had one for LILO) then odds are you don't need it anymore. *here is what i have to get UDMA 66 working, my UDMA 100 controller is faulty...

I put the /sbin/hdparm line in the file called harddisk or harddrive and rebooted. All is good now. Unless I should not put it there?

doh! *I guess i should put notification on...
    on my rh system i have it in /etc/rc/local, *on my debain system i made a tiny script in /etc/init.d/hdparm and linked it in /etc/rc5.d/S99hdparm i think. that was the number... *

i don't know anything about the file harddisk - hey if it is working!! *