Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Apache ideas for my Linux box at work!!

Thread: Apache ideas for my Linux box at work!!

Apache ideas for my Linux box at work!!

They gave me a Linux box at work!

We had an extra little box lying around they were gonna just make a print server or some bullshit, so I said let me put linux on it. They said ok as long as I do somethign useful to us with it. So I went ahead and installed Apache and am working on a little intranet site for our sales team (links to product specs etc) I would like to also have it monitor bandwidth or something cool like that.

I was looking into some PHP bandwidth scripts, but they all seem to need perl or sql, and I am nowhere near a good enough web designer for that. I have good HTML skills, but thats about it. So hopefully theres a script out there that I can just change a few config lines on and have it monitor the traffic on our netopia router. Any help? Thanks!

Re: Apache ideas for my Linux box at work!!

congrats for your linux box ..
    for traffic monitoring i would take mrtg : http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/
    it just uses perl and some libs to generate html statistics ..

Also, webalizer (included with Red Hat 7.2) has a nice ability to generate usage stats, including bandwidth, for your websites.

If you've got a decent processor (a P2-233 with 256mb couldn't do it) you could setup a MP3 streaming server for your cow-workers enjoyment.

Hehe, Id love to set up a MP3 server, but I dont think the boss would enjoy that one

I checked out webalizer and it seemed pretty easy to set up, but it seems to give me the wrong data at home at least. It was showing hits and page views over 400 a day (i probably dont have 400 hits in the month its been up) Must be a wrong setting somewhere, I will keep trying

Good Guru

It was showing hits and page views over 400 a day (i probably dont have 400 hits in the month its been up)
    May be your forgot to count the Nimda and codered virii hits .. but your moniotring software won't and counted it.

AHHH, thats it, I get tons of those everyday!

If you've got a decent processor (a P2-233 with 256mb couldn't do it) you could setup a MP3 streaming server for your cow-workers enjoyment.
    When you say mp3 streaming server do you mean a shoutcast radio station or something. If not what is it?