Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ftp apps?

ftp apps?

i think gftp is no doubt the nicest looking, but the damn thing always has to reconnect whenever i try to d/l something from my friends ftp site. i looked around for some alternatives and im using axtftp because it works!!!!

not the greatest looking and short on options but hey, it works. anyone have any ideas what the issue might be with gftp and myself? i had to uncheck passive file transfers to get in and can log in fine.........now when i try to d/l...............you know the story

SD

Re: ftp apps?

try IglooFTP (www.iglooftp.com)
    it's the best GUI ftp client for linux i've ever used. it's not open source though, but u can use it for 30 days without any problems, after that a message will pop up each time saying u should buy it.... i just reinstall it every 30 days

I like ncftp. It's small, fast, and works extremely well. No GUI, but that's a good thing.

I like ncftp. It's small, fast, and works extremely well. No GUI, but that's a good thing.
    Ditto...
    and what's wrong with plain command line ftp.

I use wget and ftp usually but sometimes I use gftp or deadftp.

IglooFTp--Holy shit, this is the best looking ftp client Ive ever seen for linux. Ive been looking for something other than gftp which I think sucks. gFtp always has problems or just crashes and my queues never work right either. I cant wait to get home and try out igloo (damn work) Hey, does it seem to do any of those totally random crashes like gftp does?

Hey, does it seem to do any of those totally random crashes like gftp does?
    nope
    so far i haven't noticed a single problem with it, apart from it being non-free

I've been using Igloo for a while now and it seems pretty stable. I switched from gFTP because I couldn't upload/download to/from certain sites. gFTP would disconnect for whatever reason so I finally gave up on it...sad day for open source ftp clients. As for command line clients, I use ncftp on rare occasions for cron job uploading...but I prefer a gui for quick browsing. Oh yeah, one feature that igloo lacks...bandwidth control.

/me likes ncftp

lukemftp :-D

it has remote tab completion but other than that is like the standard "ftp" command. its great.