Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Content Manager for Linux?

Thread: Content Manager for Linux?

Content Manager for Linux?

I have heard of e-web edit pro for IIS servers, Its basically a WYSIWYG interface that non HTML users can edit sites. I am trying to find one that is the same but runs on Linux. I am thinking someone has made one from CGI or Perl scripts that will do it. My boss insists on keeping stuff the way he is comfortable but I refuse to use IIS for a server. Please help me.

Mentor

Re: Content Manager for Linux?

Umm, I am not sure if this is what I want. I want something that I can put on the server and type www.server.com/admin or something to that effect and then get the WYSIWYG interface. SO whatever work I do is updated imediatley. Will Web Sphere do this?

Mentor

Umm, I am not sure if this is what I want. I want something that I can put on the server and type www.server.com/admin or something to that effect and then get the WYSIWYG interface. SO whatever work I do is updated imediatley. Will Web Sphere do this?
    WebSphere IS a WYSIWYG editor, but you would have to upload your files to the server manually using FTP.

Good Guru

Check this one out ...

http://www.rediris.es/app/sitemgryap/

Thanx Compu, getting closer, now all I need is something that puts both of these programs together. A WYSIWYG editor with a site manager. I really need to polish my Perl so I can do it myself. Thanx again.

my soultion for my school:

we have a rather small hard drive on the webserver and each teacher (who doesnt know anything) has to have a website.

so we set up a new mapping, the W:\ drive, which teachers save their web pages to using front page. then in linux we have the whole web share mounted and symlinked in htdocs.

not the best solution but it works.

Something like phpnuke or postnuke? (www.postnuke.com)