Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

digital camera

Thread: digital camera

garskoci

digital camera

Hello - I just picked up a digital camera. 50% off at K-MART! It's a Canon PowerShot A20. Has anyone been able to get a digital camera work on Linux? I'm running R.H. 7.1. Thabks for any help.

Re:digital camera

take a look at
    http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?2490
    this is what came up with a google search on "cannon digital camera howto"
    (http://www.google.com/search?q=canno...=Google+Search)
    hope it helps

ALastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

Upgrade to the new Red Hat 7.3 it comes with gphoto2. According to the gphoto website gphoto2 has support for your new camera. ;D RH 7.3 comes with two different GUI interfaces for gphoto2. From the release notes.

" The gPhoto2 package has been added to the distribution. gPhoto2 is
    a software application and interface library for digital cameras.
    The gPhoto2 package also includes gtKam, a graphical digital
    camera interface that uses gPhoto2. Kamera, a Konqueror plugin for
    digital cameras, has been added, as well. The older gphoto
    application (0.4.3) is deprecated and may be removed in a future
    release."

Jim H

garskoci

Thanks for the advice. 7.3 hmmmmmmm.... I haven't done an upgrade yet. Is it possible to cork my whole machine?

JimH

Quote Originally Posted by garskoci
    Thanks for the advice. 7.3 hmmmmmmm.... I haven't done an upgrade yet. Is it possible to cork my whole machine?
    Upgrading point releases is usually very smooth. Just boot from the cd, answer a couple of questions, choose upgrade, let it grind away for a while, reboot and your done. ;D Hopefully.

I started gtKam and looked at the list of camera choices under "select camera" and your new camera is listed. ;D

Jim H

garskoci

Thanks for the comments and advice. I will do the upgrade, test the camera and post the results. Just in case someone else comes down the same path. Thanks again.