Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Email automation

Thread: Email automation

Good Guru

Email automation

Greetings again all!

I have a friend who wants to start up a business. He really would prefer RedHat (well, any linux) over windows. However he has some app that acts as a mail agent that grabs the name from the incoming mail and adds it to a db and auto-replies to it when he gets some info, but using the name in it for some personalization. Its for windows, but he was wondering about Linux. Is there anything out there that does this? He is willing to spend some cash on getting this accomplished.

TIA

Re: Email automation

Greetings again all!

I have a friend who wants to start up a business. He really would prefer RedHat (well, any linux) over windows. However he has some app that acts as a mail agent that grabs the name from the incoming mail and adds it to a db and auto-replies to it when he gets some info, but using the name in it for some personalization. Its for windows, but he was wondering about Linux. Is there anything out there that does this? He is willing to spend some cash on getting this accomplished.

TIA
    I personally don't know of any app that does that but I could write it for a fair price if he is interested.

Good Guru

Would that be a big undertaking? My understanding is that I probably could do it (but wont due to time constraints on my end) because of code for, say kmail and such being opened up. Plus with postgres out there -- there's the customer's db.

Quote a price. I am gonna get him on this board soon, so that way you can IM him or whatever. But I would say since this is a small scale op for now, hundreds not thousands of dollars is his ballpark. His M$ solution (W2k, and this app) would be roughly $700. To be honest, this is the one thing making him think of using something dumb liek vmware (dumb as far as spending money on M$ when thats the last place he wants his money going).

I need to know what features he needs in detail before I could quote a price (or 100% confirm that I could do it). If he wants he can email me or msg me when he gets on the board. It would be comparable, if not cheaper, than the Windows alternative if I deem I can do it. Have him get in touch with me and give a fair offer. I'm pretty easy .... I'm a college starving student :P.

Good Guru

Will do