Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

bios password
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bios password

bios password

If you some how typed a bios password wrong twice are you basically screawed?

Re: bios password

no you just need to power off and back on and you get more chances to type it in.

If you don't know that password you can open your box up and find the jumper to reset the bios password. Usually on the inside of the case will tell you where the jumper is if not there look in your Motherboard manual. Some systems don't have that jumper and you are forced to reset the whole bios though.

if there is no jumper for either reset or reset password, pull the battery out and unplug it for a minute or so

then put it back in and boot and all bios settings are reset.

ok I haven't actually looked at this mother board in awhile. Anyways there no visiable battery and I can't find any jumpers to do this. I got this board for free from a computer store and therefore have no manuel. Theres a model number on MB-8500TVX-A ver. 2.3 I have no idea what make this is. The computer was a clone.

I did a search on google and came up with a bunch of hits....This might be what you are looking for

http://www.biostar-usa.com/museum/MB...0TVX_Manul.htm

I still don't understand how I could of typed in it wrong twice. It was a simple password.

the battery looks like a circle and is silver, like a large watch battery.

Nope, all you have to do is enter the wrong password again and again and again

the battery looks like a circle and is silver, like a large watch battery.
    YEs I've seen them many times. This one has no visable battery.

Hello,
    on some computer the battery is inside of a chip which should be able to be pulled out because it is in a socket , a DIP (Dual Inline Package) socket typically. Pulling that and and they reinserting it may do the trick.