Thread: GeForce 3 Titanium 200 64mb DDR

GeForce 3 Titanium 200 64mb DDR

Does any one have any experiece with these cards, Best Buy is selling these for 100 bucks tomorrow morning. I went over to Nvidia's site and It looks like there are drivers available.

Any info/advice out there for me?

Thanks all....hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!

Re: GeForce 3 Titanium 200 64mb DDR

I've only heard good things about Geforce 3 ... I might look into it myself :-P.

$100? Yipes! I may need to upgrade my vid card

The Ti 200 is just a regular old GeForce 3 clocked slower. It should be a screamingly fast card

OK so I got the card, and went though a kernel recompile to get it working. And yes this card rocks, but I have a problem when I run Unreal Tournament or Wolfenstein I can max out all the video settings and get great proformance but the game locks randomly. Sometimes after 3 min sometimes after 30. But it locks hard and I have to power my machine off. I can't even telnet in to bring it down nicely.

I am using the lastest Nvidia drivers
    2.4.16 kernel on Redhat 7.2
    Athon 750
    512 mb PC133 ram

Any suggestions?

Hrmmm...going from memory here...

* Which AGP driver are you using? *Is it NVAGP, or agpgart? *I remember when I first got my GeForce II, I tried using NVAGP, and TuxRacer froze on me. *I then tried using agpgart, and TuxRacer froze on me. *I THEN tried making agpgart a module in the kernel, and from then on it worked like a dream. *Freakin strange, but that's what did it.
    * To see which driver you're using, check your XFree86.0.log file or whatever it's called (remember that I haven't really looked under the hood of my system in over four months...no internet == no frequent use of computer). *It should mention something about nvagp or agpgart. *If it's using nvagp, try putting the option to use agpgart in your X config file (it should tell you how in the nvidia readme on their site). *If it still locks up, compile agpgart as a module and try it then. *I believe you'll also want to turn off fast switching in the AGP section of your BIOS, and set your graphics aperture size to half the size of your RAM.
    Hope this has been helpful a bit. I'm kinda rambling as I just got up and haven't had much coffee yet.

Thanks for the reply...Actually that is how I had my system setup intially with the agpgart compiled as a module. I recompiled my kernel without the agpgart module and I am running ok now (yet to do some serious testing but Tux racer looks better) However I am getting lower perfermance because the VIA chipset defaults to AGP2X because of some bug in the hardware, there is a way around it but I want to make sure it is stable before I max out my performance.

Yeah VIA has some serious issues with AGP. Good luck with that.