Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New FD controler

Thread: New FD controler

New FD controler

I have a couple of old mobos knocking about with b0rked floppy controlers. I was looking at the FD/IDE expansion cards you can get and wondered if I could use a floppy attached to one to boot. Basicaly I want to replace my router box with it, but I don't want a harddrive in it.

Has anyone had experience with these cards?

Re: New FD controler

hello,
    years ago i did and it booted fine. *the card i had had its own BIOS which came up before the MB bios - at least to the end user.

Good Guru

Yeah, alot. they work well. I had to do work on some telemarketing pc's a while back and they didnt use anything other than 386's with 2MB ram or less and a floppy. The floppy booted to the DOS proggie that ran the serial port for grabbing data from the server (numbers that anwered). Anyway, before I start babbling again, they ran well off the card. In fact I have never had any issues with the addin cards ever.

Cool, thanks guys. The router is in my front room and the hard disk is quite niosy. And the bonus securtiy of a write protected disk is good.

/me makes mental note to go to Maplin tomorrow