Thread: Windoze vs Linux armagatron

Windoze vs Linux armagatron

I finally managed to get the miserable game to work in Linux, it's a nice timewaster. Anyway while I was playing I was watching the FPS meter in linux seeing it around ~65 fps for a 1 vs 1 game. I rebooted to Windoze and fired it up. Saw ~50 with and w/o TNL enabled. Going the next step I beefed up the number of players in Linux. I was at 20 players with an average FPS of 50.

My question to the world is. Why aren't more games being developed for linux?

Re: Windoze vs Linux armagatron

good question!

Weren't you guys paying attention? Games aren't being developed for linux because linux sucks! Bill said so, it must be true!

Thank god he's dead...

*gets out Brick of Feztaa slaying +999999999 and smiles innocently*

Feztaa! Old friend I got something to show j00..... :P :P

Hey, I can't help it if it's true!

Lol

Kind Mastermind

My question to the world is. Why aren't more games being developed for linux?
    Most people associated with Linux talk about the free software movement. That makes people assume that all programs for Linux should be or are free. They think that Linux users are cheap and don't want to buy software or use proprietary software. Would you develop software (for a living) for a platform that you didn't think you could turn a profit on? I wouldn't. Until that stigma is gone, you will see very few software titles ported over. Just my two cents.

Until that stigma is gone, you will see very few software titles ported over.
    And thus, the Open Source Initiative is born.

Kind Mastermind

And thus, the Open Source Initiative is born.
    Touche!

Good Guru

Why should all of the software be free? Games and serious apps that are worth 20-50 US dollars (insert coversion factor for your local currency here) should recieve that. They spent the time to make it and market it, so why shouldnt they? I spend money on games and other things. Its like cars. We buy cars(software) to drive on a free road(linux). We pay a tax to keep them up (electricity).

Why should all of the software be free? *Games and serious apps that are worth 20-50 US dollars (insert coversion factor for your local currency here) should recieve that. *They spent the time to make it and market it, so why shouldnt they? *I spend money on games and other things. *Its like cars. *We buy cars(software) to drive on a free road(linux). *We pay a tax to keep them up (electricity).
    Nice analogy (Although I normally don't like it when people compare cars to computers...too overused )