Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Zoom modem V34 vs K56 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoom modem V34 vs K56

Mentor

Re: Zoom modem V34 vs K56

Thats why i wanted people to correct me!

hello,
    i know for me i needed to include the init strings - i.e. AT&DOQ12+23+TY&+BLAH+BLAH there should be a spot in your ppp scrpits to put such a thing.

Would you by any chance know the URL of the site where they keep info about drivers for modems (as well as other items, i.e., sound cards, scanners, etc)? Might expand my search there.
    ---------------------------

I dont remember offhand, but it is in the wvdial script and/or serial port configuration. I do know that I had to set my modem back before cable arrived in Slackware's setup. Essentially it was getting the correct dma and irq and port speed for the com (3 in my case). I never was a god at ppp scripts, but I think that there is something in there too for speeds.

I've used http://www.extremetech.com/. You may have some luck there.

init strings galore:
    http://www.west.net/~jay/modem/