Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Tunnel X through Windows

Thread: Tunnel X through Windows

Tunnel X through Windows

Hi, I have been posting lots of questions about setting up my server here as you can allready tell

MyRH 7.2 computer doesnt even have a monitor and everything I have instlled, configured, adminid has been through SSH on my win 98 SE computer across the LAN

Sometimes when I run a command on SSH on the WIN 98 SE computer I get an X error, something about gtk error, so I was wondering if there is a way to counter this

Thanks

Good Guru

Re: Tunnel X through Windows

Not really...

Since you are using SSH in command mode, all you can do is "well" commands. If you provoke commands that use X server ( such as the command to start the program in X ), then it will give you an error...

Or at least that's what I know of it....

X can be tunneled through ssh, but it requires an X server on the other side. There *are* X servers for win32, but usually they cost $$.

anywho, it can be done though.

http://www.afn.org/~afn57538/xforward.htm

Post again if this doesn't fix you up.

Good Guru

grab cygwin32 . It is a unix like environment for windows. Basically, since it can use XFree864.1, you can use that to run all of the unix apps. I tried it and it works well.